LATEST:

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

A tribute to Thierry Henry - The Departed God Of Arsenal

Frankly speaking, I pretty much dislike Arsenal. That’s mainly because of the London rivalry they share with Chelsea (A place where I spent a good 2 years of my early life).

But if there’s one man who continued to mesmerize me and the whole world with each passing footballing day – was Thierry Henry.

Henry was to Arsenal, what Tendulkar is to India.

December, 2006. Thierry Henry said:
"Regarding the recruitment in the summer, my confidence was not betrayed. I am at Arsenal for life. I will not go to Barcelona or anywhere else."

Well on June 25, 2007 Henry was transferred to FC Barcelona for a paltry fee of £16.1 million. He signed a four-year deal for a reported £6.8 million per season.

His move to Barcelona would have shattered a million Arsenal hearts all over the world but rather than just Arsenal, the upcoming season just won’t be the same without the brilliance of Thierry Henry.

It’s a loss for English Football. We’ll miss you Henry. Here’s a fitting tribute to the Departed God of Arsenal:



2 comments:

Unknown said...

TH14 is a cunt....period!!

~Maruti.
Gooner Till I Die?

moksh juneja said...

This is a cool site!! Wish I was following football and tracking it!!